Psychological Services for Anxiety & Panic Attacks
Dr. Wiener practices Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment for Panic Attacks and Anxiety Disorders.
This treatment is fast, effective and yields results without the need of medication. Dr. Wiener has designed a three session, intensive program which leaves clients with the skills and confidence to control panic in any situation. All techniques are based on scientifically proven methods.
Some common difficulties include:
- Panic Attacks
- Claustrophobia (fear of small spaces)
- Social Phobia
- Test Anxiety
- Fear of Flying
- Fear of Public Speaking
- Fear of Crowds
- Fear of Subways & Tunnels
- Fear of Driving
- Fear of Medical Procedures
Those who suffer from panic attacks and anxiety desire fast and effective solutions to their dibilitating symptoms. By the end of the three-session program, clients are able to face, head-on, anxiety-provoking situations. Skills developed are the ability to:
- Identify and anticipate triggers to anxiety.
- Effectively use breathing and relaxation techniques to control panic attacks and symptoms of anxiety.
- Use self-talk effectively, to relax and maintain composure.
- Confront challenging situations with confidence and "3R" strategy (relax, rethink, refocus).
Dr. Wiener also provides training to mental health professionals who wish to learn about cognitive-behavioral techniques in the treatment of anxiety and panic.